Online 1-2-1 tuition
One to one online tuition with Denise Innes-Spencer, founder of 'The British School of Millinery' and 'The British Millinery Association'. Author of 'Tiara Headdresses' and Millinery techniques writer for 'The Hat Magazine'.
Book 4 hours one to one tuition with Denise and she will guide you through any questions you have about making your hats or wedding headdresses.
Once you have booked, both you and Denise will agree a strategey for 'smart learning' and plan the class. Then Denise will take you through your learning with step by step notes and leave you with more skills and knowledge, tips and tricks to help you 'work smart' with your time.
Previous classes with milliners have included:
- Learning new methods of finishing the edges of straws: rolled, folded, bound and double lined. The student came away with various samples of hem trims and finishes to use on straw hats.
- Tiara and wedding headdresses making, using skills to develop new styles and designs. The student came away with various methods in making and finishing tiara bands and crowns.
- Learning new ways of trimming a hat or headdress with unusual fabrics that included pinok pok, raffia fabric and straw. The student came away with various examples of trims all using the working smart method.
- Guiding through the process of making a hat or headdress from start to finish. The student came away with the knowledge and skills of making a hat or headdress from start to finish. (Sometimes the degree of difficulty in a hat/headdress will require more time for showing the skills. Please ask for details)
All students from this 4 hour lesson will come away with:
- Full detailed notes of skills learnt
- Examples of skills learnt
- Skills using tips and tricks for making high quality millinery
This course will be run online using Zoom.
Class sizes are small to ensure you receive the personal support you need. This course will have no more than three students.
We will run the session using two webcams - one showing the tutor and the other focused on the tutor's hands to give a close-up view of the techniques being used. Step by step notes will be sent to students before the course to help them prepare.
Students are not allowed to video record the session.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
By booking a place on this course, you agree to the following rules of engagement:
- It is each student's responsibility to ensure that they have access to Zoom before the course starts.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that their equipment is functioning properly (including audio, video and microphone).
- Students are responsible for ensuring that they have a stable internet connection.
- All course content remains the intellectual property of The British School of Millinery. Students do not have permission to share any information from the course with any other person either online or offline.
- Students do not have permission to video record this course. Participants have not signed a data protection agreement and have not given permission for the class to be recorded. To do so would be a breach of data protection laws.
- Any personal information shared between the students and the tutor during the course must considered confidential and not shared without the consent of the relevant individual.
- Should The British School of Millinery's internet connection become significantly unstable during the course, it will be rescheduled.