MASTERCLASS MAOR ZABAR 'SINASILK' 11th and 12th March 2024 10-4 30pm
Live face to face masterclass with international teacher
Exclusive Face to face masterclass.
10am-4.30pm GMT 2 day course
Silk and Sinamay familiar materials for hat making - but what happens when you combine them together? Maor Zabar (https://maorzabarhats.com/) invented Sina-Silk using the two fabrics in a unique way and specialises in creating surreal and unexpected pieces of art to be worn on the head.
Maor is a costume designer who works in television, commercials and theatre. This is his only live course being hosted in northern Europe and is sure to be popular and inspiring.
During the class you will create a new material (Sina Silk) from a combination of sinamay and silk, and with Maor’s guidance you will build patterns, block a base and using painting techniques create textures which will be applied on your 3D creations.
First you will create the material base, then we will learn how to manipulate it using patterns, blocking and freestyle draping techniques. You will create 3D flora and fauna, paint them and turn them into beautiful headpieces.
This 2-day course is perfect for designers, artists and creative cosplay makers who want to use these versitile making skills to create beautiful unique designs.
What’s included within your course: All materials are included and the fascinating tuition from Maor Zabar.
Venue: Liverpool City Region (exact location to be confirmed)
Course level access:
Advanced Beginner (Students must have sewing skills)/Intermediate/Advanced
Biography of your International teacher
Many know Maor for his unforgettable outfit he designed for the winner of 2018 Eurovision, Netta Barzilai, yet this talented designer's impressive record began long before: As the grandson of a tailor, Maor started to sew and play with fabrics at a young age. Later he was inspired to become a designer. In 2003, Maor graduated with a degree in fashion and costume design from the Israeli elite institution, "Shenkar College of Engineering & Design" in Tel Aviv, and soon after opened his studio to begin working as a costume designer in theatre, opera & dance. In recent years, Maor has won numerous awards for his work and has secured his place as one of the leading costume designers in Israel.
On 2014 Maor started a millinery atelier which carries his name, "Maor Zabar Hats". Each headpiece is impeccably made by hand in his studio. Thanks to his unexpected, stylish, colourful and humorous design, in recent years Maor travels around the globe reaching out to his fans and teaching his unique techniques.
On this 2 Day course
Students will learn:
- Introduction Creating the material Blending the 2 fabrics together using Maor’s individual technique
- Preparing to manipulate the fabric
- Paper pattern making
- Blocking techniques
- Freestyle draping techniques
- Creating 3D flora and fauna
- Textualizing and painting your 3D objectsTurning the finished 3D into headpieces
Live face to face course with international teacher.
Each day will have 6.5 hours of learning inclusive of 30 minutes break for lunch (Please bring your own lunch).
COURSE DELIVERY METHODS
A face to face course held in The British School of Millinery venue in Speke, Liverpool. 10mins from Liverpool John Lennon Airport and near the Liverpool South Parkway Station.
Class sizes are small to ensure you receive the personal support you need. This course will have no more than 15 students.
Step by step notes will be provieded to students before the course to help them prepare.
Students are not allowed to video record the session without the teachers permission. To do so would be in breach of copyright and interlectual property laws. Many of the classes have already been either published or protected by these laws.
Participants have not signed a data protection agreement and have not given permission for the class to be recorded unless you have given permission. To do so would be a breach of data protection laws.
- Any personal information shared between the students and the tutor during the course must considered confidential and not shared without the consent of the relevant individual.
- In the process of zoom courses, should The British School of Millinery's internet connection become significantly unstable during the course, it will be rescheduled.
- All classes will start and finish on the designated times.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
By booking a place on this course, you agree to the following rules of engagement:
- It is each student's responsibility to ensure that they arrive ontime before the course starts.
- Students will be required to bring a packed lunch to the class.
- All course content remains the intellectual property of The British School of Millinery or any of the visiting teachers, lecturing at the school. Students do not have permission to share any information from the courses with any other person in person, online or offline. To do so would be in breach of copyright and intellectual property laws. Many of the classes have already been either published or protected by these laws.
- Students do not have permission to video record this course. Any fellow class participants have not signed a data protection agreement and have not given you permission for them class to be recorded in the class. To do so would be a breach of data protection laws.
- Any personal information shared between the students and the tutor during the course must considered confidential and not shared without the consent of the relevant individual. To do so would be a breach of data protection laws.
DETAILS OF WHEN BOOKING A MILLINERY TEACHER
Here are some tips when choosing your teacher for tuition:
You should be able to ask these questions about your teacher to make you feel confident, to make sure your getting value for money and most important, you feel safe in that person’s hands, as they are an experienced teacher. You can ask to see mine at any time before your classes.
Make sure teacher has:
- Provenance of working as a teacher (their training and past experience of teaching positions) and their industry experience.
- Fully Qualified teacher (QTS status).
- Fully insured for face to face and online teaching. (Needed by all teachers especially when using chemicals and hot tools. Make sure your teacher is covered).
Daily and hourly rate for tuition with Denise Inne
Daily and hourly rate for tuition with Denise Innes-Spencer.
5 Hour classes: face to face, 1-2-1, £300.00 in Denise’s Studio person/per day;
- (£60.00per person per hour minimum of 3 hours).
5 Hour classes: face to face, with up to 4 other students, £250.00 in Denise’s Studio per person/per day; (£50.00 per hour/per person, min 3 hours) Minimum 3 people in the class.
5 Hour classes: 1-2-1, Via Zoom, £200.00 person/per day;
(Hourly rate £50.00 per person/per day, min 3 hours = £150.00)
5 Hour classes: Via Zoom, with up to 5 other students, £150.00 person/per day; (Hourly rate £50.00 min 3 hours = £150.00) Minimum 3 people in the class.
Please ask for details of costs etc. for shorter classes.
Supplies and tools list will be sent for all classes once booked.
All the classes are taught by Denise Innes-Spencer, (unless otherwise stated) writer at large for ‘The Hat Magazine’ Millinery Skills writer, and Qualified teacher. Certificated courses for all classes (not included for taster/demonstration courses).
Bookings for The British School of Millinery's online courses are non-refundable if the student Should cancel.
If there is an unfortunate circumstance of Denise being unable to teach a face -to- face class through illness, the course will be rescheduled for another mutual date. Please make sure for longer courses that you have insurance for hotel bookings and travel.