3 Day Workshop: Crown Headdress Course
Online course via Zoom.
29th-31st Mar 2021. 10am to 2.00pm GMT.
3 day Workshop: Learn how to block 3 different Crown headdress
(Blocking a flat bandeau block, a shaped halo-crown block and a wired crown with blocked shape and additional halo wires)
There are many ways of making a crown/shaped/flat bandeau headdress.
This 3 day course will give you the confidence to make 3 totally different crowns with and neat finished linings.
Denise Innes-Spencer has already written of 2 ways to block a crown in ‘The Hat Magazine’. She now teaches online a choice of methods for making these popular headdresses.
Using a wooden block (of the above shapes), you will learn:
- how to block straw fabric over the shape to make a join under the crown
- how to block a pari-sisal straw and design uses of grain of the fabric to the block
- many wiring/ finishing techniques for the underside of the crown
- how the crown is attached to the head
- neat finishes to the crown headdress (crown decoration ideas are only talked about)
- how to plot halo wires and spikes, added to a blocked crown shape
- how to block a flat bandeau shape and draping/pleating and scrunching fabrics to the bandeau shape
- how to make linings and head attachments for bandeau
Petersham’s are not included or used in this method.
Full details for the course will be in booking details including suppliers and blocks that are suitable for this course.
This course is suitable for improving milliners only and not suitable for beginners. A knowledge of wet and dry blocking, wiring/joining is essential for this course.
COURSE DELIVERY METHODS
This course will be run online using Zoom.
Class sizes are small to ensure you receive the personal support you need. This course will have no more than three students.
We will run the session using two webcams - one showing the tutor and the other focused on the tutor's hands to give a close-up view of the techniques being used. Step by step notes will be sent to students before the course to help them prepare.
Students are not allowed to video record the session.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
By booking a place on this course, you agree to the following rules of engagement:
- It is each student's responsibility to ensure that they have access to Zoom before the course starts.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that their equipment is functioning properly (including audio, video and microphone).
- Students are responsible for ensuring that they have a stable internet connection.
- All course content remains the intellectual property of The British School of Millinery. Students do not have permission to share any information from the course with any other person either online or offline.
- Students do not have permission to video record this course. Participants have not signed a data protection agreement and have not given permission for the class to be recorded. To do so would be a breach of data protection laws.
- Any personal information shared between the students and the tutor during the course must considered confidential and not shared without the consent of the relevant individual.
- Should The British School of Millinery's internet connection become significantly unstable during the course, it will be rescheduled.
Bookings for The British School of Millinery's online courses are non-refundable.